View a searchable, indexed copy of the current Montgomery County Zoning Ordinance online.
Preliminary Revised District Map Amendment
Since May 2, 2013, the PHED Committee has held 8 worksessions to review and discuss ZTA 13-04, and DMA G-956. Planning Staff has continued to review and evaluate the proposed map amendment based on the PHED Committee worksessions and correspondence from stakeholders and property owners. In addition, several Corrective and Local Map Amendments have been approved by the County Council since DMA G-956 was introduced. The revised version of DMA G-956 contains all of the proposed and approved changes that have occurred since May 2, 2013. The following documents illustrate all of the changes.
Changes to the map September 1, 2013-October 11, 2013
Changes to the map May 2, 2013-August 31,2013
- Section 1: Corrective Map Amendments (CMAs) and Local Map Amendments (LMAs)
- Section 2: Staff Recommended Changes
- Section 3: PHED Committee Changes
- Section 4: Technical Changes
Affordable Housing Presentation (10/7/2013)
Makeover Montgomery Conference
Details about the April 2011 conference and links to the powerpoint presentations.
Browse our Green Papers, short first draft documents on topics relevant to the Rewrite that are meant to stimulate debate.
- April 15, 2009
Green Paper 1: Allowed Land Uses
Green Paper 2: Land Use Districts
- June 17, 2009
Green Paper 3: Definitions
Green Paper 4: Approval Procedures
Green Paper 5: Development Standards
- October 21, 2009
Green Paper 6: Sustainability
- Existing Zoning by Acerage and Percentage
- A project update to the County Council (January 2011)
- Montgomery County Parking Study (Spring 2011)
- Essential Smart Growth Fixes for Urban and Suburban Codes
- Existing Zoning Review for the District of Columbia (Nelson/Nygaard paper on parking)
- Zoning Best Practices Review for the District of Columbia (Nelson/Nygaard paper on parking)
M-NCPPC Staff Contact