The Zoning Rewrite Project
Planners have rewritten the Zoning Code to modernize antiquated, redundant zoning regulations, and create new tools to help achieve goals in community plans. The Planning Board Draft covers what’s allowed in each zone, how one can build, and the process by which development is reviewed and approved.
County Council Review
County Council is scheduled to hold a public hearing on Zoning Text Amendment 13-04 (Zoning Ordinance - Revised) and District Map Amendment G-956 (proposed zone implementation) on June 11 at 7:30 pm. For information about public participation in County Council proceedings click here.
Planning Board Draft: Chapter 59
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 the Planning Board approved, and transmitted to the County Council, the following draft of Chapter 59.
- Preface & Table of Contents
- 59-1. In General
- 59-2. Zoning Districts
- 59-3. Uses and Use Standards
- 59-4. Euclidean Zone District Regulations
- 59-5. Floating Zone District Regulations
- 59-6. Optional Method Regulations
- 59-7. General Development Regulations
- 59-8. Administration and Procedures
- 59-9. Zones Retained from Previous Ordinance
- Zone Translation Table (revised 5/20/13)
- Overview of Zoning Text Amendment 13-04 (Zoning Ordinance - Revised) and District Map Amendment G-956 (proposed zone implementation)
Proposed District Map Amendment
Come visit us at the Planning Department and we'll answer questions about the zoning rewrite and how it might affect your property. For more information, contact Matt Johnson at Matt.Johnson@montgomeryplanning.org or 301-495-1325.
M-NCPPC Staff Contact
Information about current zoning
Information about the rewrite project