The Zoning Rewrite Project
Planners have rewritten the Zoning Code to modernize antiquated, redundant zoning regulations, and create new tools to help achieve goals in community plans.
- New On July 29, a ZTA was introduced to incorporate updates, clarifications, and corrections into the new zoning code. The public hearing on the ZTA is scheduled for September 9 at 7:30 pm. View the ZTA.
- For information about submitting an application under the existing (old) code prior to October 30, click here.
- Applications under the new code for approval of Local Map Amendments, Conditional Uses, Sketch Plans and Site Plans are currently being accepted, but cannot be brought before the Planning Board until the new code becomes effective on October 30, 2014.
A marked-up version of this document is available here.
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- 59-1. General Zoning Ordinance Provisions
- 59-2. Zones and Zoning Map
- 59-3. Uses and Use Standards
- 59-4. Development Standards for Euclidean Zones
- 59-5. Floating Zone Requirements
- 59-6. General Development Requirements
- 59-7. Administration and Procedures
- 59-8. Zones Retained from Previous Ordinance
Come visit us at the Planning Department and we'll answer questions about the zoning rewrite and how it might affect your property. For more information, contact Matt Johnson at Matt.Johnson@montgomeryplanning.org or 301-495-1325.
M-NCPPC Staff Contact
Information about current zoning
Information about the rewrite project
Date of last update: July 31, 2014