The Zoning Rewrite Project
Planners have rewritten the Zoning Code to modernize antiquated, redundant zoning regulations, and create new tools to help achieve goals in community plans.
The draft includes the PHED Committee decisions through September (in GREEN text), in addition to plain language edits, corrections, and clarifications (in BLUE text). Deletions are indicated by [brackets], and text added to the draft is underlined.
- Table of Contents
- 59-1. General Zoning Ordinance Provisions
- 59-2. Zones
- 59-3. Uses and Use Standards
- 59-4. Euclidean Zone Requirements
- 59-5. Floating Zone Requirements
- 59-6. Optional Method Requirements
- 59-7. General Development Requirements
- 59-8. Administration and Procedures
- 59-9. Zones Retained from Previous Ordinance
- Zone Translation Table
- List of PHED changes to the Planning Board draft
County Council Review
The full County Council will hold worksessions to discuss the PHED draft in mid-January.
Jan. 14, 15 & 16 (9:30am): Council worksessions
Council Hearing Room
Come visit us at the Planning Department and we'll answer questions about the zoning rewrite and how it might affect your property. For more information, contact Matt Johnson at Matt.Johnson@montgomeryplanning.org or 301-495-1325.
M-NCPPC Staff Contact
Information about current zoning
Information about the rewrite project
Date of last update: December 3, 2013