Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content
info This archive page is no longer updated and may contain out-of-date information


We are working to improve our response to your concerns. If you have an issue that needs to be resolved, let us hear from you.

Who Would You Like to Contact?

Development Review Concerns
Parks Concerns
Other Concerns

Contacting the Development Review Division

The Planning Department's Division of Development Review maintains a dedicated phone line 301-495-1314 and an e-mail address to receive your concerns, issues and complaints.

Concerns may also be addressed in writing to:

Chair, Montgomery County Planning Board
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC)
8787 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone: 301-495-4605 - Fax: 301-495-1320

M-NCPPC Development Review Jurisdiction

Development Conditions Associated with Approved Site Plans

  • Height
  • Setbacks
  • Landscaping
  • Lighting
  • Provision of Amenities

NOTE: Responsibility for inspection of conditions is currently shared between M-NCPPC and the County Department of Permitting Services (DPS), but will be shifted exclusively to DPS in the near future. Enforcement will continue to be the responsibility of M-NCPPC.

  • Forest Conservation Law
  • Forest Conservation Easements
  • Forest Conservation Plans
  • Tree Save Plans
  • Tree Cutting (except, in pubic rights-of-way)
  • Enforcement

What happens after filing a complaint?

Once a concern is received, staff will log it into our complaint database and will make initial contact with the party filing the concern. This usually takes place within two workdays. This initial contact will allow us to discuss the nature of the concern and whether it is within our jurisdiction to pursue. If an inspection is required, it will usually take place within five workdays. Every effort will be made to respond more quickly if the matter is time sensitive.

The inspector will inform the requestor as to his/her findings and what additional steps may be required. The amount of time involved from the time a complaint is filed until its resolution is determined by the circumstances surrounding the situation.

back to top

Parks concerns

Please call our Parks Service Center at 301-670-8080

Other useful sources of information

Who to call?

  • Zoning Violations/Grading/Building Permits/Illegal Construction
    Call the County Department of Permitting Services at 240-777-6259.
  • Tree Care
    Call the University of Maryland Home and Garden Information Center at 1-800-342-2507
  • Deteriorated Structures/High Grass/Dumping/Public Nuisances
    Call the County Department of Housing and Community Affairs, Housing and Code Enforcement Division at 240-777-3600
  • Historic Preservation
    Call M-NCPPC at 301-563-3413
  • Montgomery County Parks
    Call M-NCPPC Park Maintenance Service Center at 301-670-8080